Walden Village Court
Walden Village Court
Walden, NY 12586
Walden Village Court Website:
Walden is a village located in the Town of Montgomery in Orange County, NY. The major roadways in Walden include Routes 17K and 208, while Interstate 84 is located approximately five miles away and provides a good deal of traffic to the village. If you were ticketed for a moving violation on one of these roads, or on any other road in Walden Village, NY, a qualified traffic attorney can help you fight your ticket.Fight Your Traffic Charges in Walden Village Court
An experienced traffic attorney can guide you through the complicated legal system in New York and make sure you come out of this process with minimum fines and your license intact. I have more than 36 years of experience representing clients in Walden Village Traffic Court and courts throughout Orange County, NY. I will provide you with a vigorous defense against your traffic charges, whether they include speeding, drunk driving or any other traffic offense.Traffic Charges in Orange County, NY
I appear every day in traffic courts in Orange County, Ulster County and across New York. I have helped Orange County residents, other NY drivers and out-of-state drivers beat their traffic charges. When I represent you, I will discuss your case with the prosecutor and police officer and try to work out a favorable deal that allows you to keep your license and avoid points on your license. I will argue for you at trial, if necessary, and do whatever I can to beat your traffic charges. I represent clients who have been ticketed for any of the following:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
If you are not represented by an attorney when you appear in Walden Village Court, you will be putting yourself at risk of severe penalties, including points on your driver’s license, suspension of your license and even jail time. Traffic officers often include multiple charges on the same ticket, which can mean lots of points on your license and subsequent suspension of your license for a very long time. Moreover, your auto insurance company may decide to cancel your insurance coverage based on the outcome of your case.What is the Procedure in Walden Village Traffic Court?
- Plea Discussions: I have 36 years of experience representing clients charged with traffic offenses, both serious and minor, in New York traffic courts. As a result of my vast experience in this area of law, I have honed my negotiating skills and understand how prosecutors strategize in traffic cases. I will examine the evidence in your case and determine whether the officer had probable cause to stop your vehicle in the first place. I will also scrutinize other aspects of your case, such as whether the radar gun reading was accurate, so that I can get your traffic charges dismissed or reduced.
Before trial, I will speak with the police officer and/or the prosecutor and try to achieve a favorable outcome to your case. If the police officer charged you for more than one traffic offense on the same ticket, I will attempt to get the traffic charges merged so that you face fewer points on your license.
- Going to Trial: The best way for you to avoid serious penalties is to have an experienced attorney who is prepared for trial. I prepare every case as though it is headed for trial. If your case goes to trial in Walden Village Traffic Court, I will question witnesses, challenge the opposition’s evidence and argue vigorously to help you win in court.
Do not plead guilty to a traffic violation in Walden Village, NY without first speaking with an experienced attorney. Regardless of the circumstances of your traffic charge, it is crucial that you speak with an experienced traffic attorney prior to making any final decisions about how to proceed in your case. Police officers make mistakes, particularly when they’ve been on the road for a long period of time.
A skilled traffic attorney will go over the details of your traffic stop and help you determine all your available legal options. For example, if the police officer did not have probable cause to stop your vehicle, or if the radar gun used to register your speed was faulty, an experienced attorney may be able to challenge the evidence and get your traffic charges dismissed. Statistics show that hiring an attorney significantly increases your chances of winning your case. When you retain my services, I will bring 36 years of experience with me to the negotiating table and, if necessary, the courtroom.Contact an Experienced Walden, NY Traffic Ticket Lawyer
If you’ve been charged with a moving violation in Walden, New York or anywhere else in Orange County, Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. will help you build the best possible defense. I have successfully defended numerous clients facing traffic charges in New York. Call me at (866) 265-0222 to discuss your case or schedule a consultation at my New Paltz, NY office.