Montgomery Village Court
Montgomery Village Court
133 Clinton Street
PO Box 116
Montgomery, NY 12549
Village of Montgomery Website:
Montgomery is a small village located near the center of the Town of Montgomery in Orange County, NY. Routes 17K and 211 run through the Village of Montgomery. Route 416 and Interstate 84 pass close by the village. If you were pulled over for speeding on one of these roads, or on any other road in Montgomery Village, NY, an experienced traffic lawyer can help you fight your ticket.
In most traffic cases in Montgomery, NY, you will not be required to appear in court. Rather than simply paying your fine, however, it is in your best interest to speak with a qualified traffic lawyer who can appear in court and challenge the ticket on your behalf. As your lawyer, I can stand up for you in Montgomery Village Traffic Court, negotiate with the prosecutor and/or police officer on your behalf and fight the traffic charges at trial. I have more than 36 years of experience handling traffic cases in local courts throughout New York, including Orange County and Ulster County. Do not assume you are automatically guilty just because you’ve been ticketed. A skilled local NY attorney, like myself, can greatly improve your chances of success when challenging a traffic ticket in Montgomery Village, NY.
Do not pay your ticket before speaking with an experienced lawyer. Many people make the mistake of assuming they are automatically guilty when they are ticketed for a traffic violation in Montgomery Village, NY. A guilty plea to a traffic ticket could haunt you for a very long time because it will stay on your driving record, affecting your insurance premiums and possibly even causing your insurance company to cancel your coverage altogether. Moreover, once you lose your insurance coverage, new insurance carriers might be reluctant to offer you a policy.
A knowledgeable traffic defense attorney can help you fight your traffic ticket and minimize the consequences so you can keep your license and don’t have to worry about paying more for insurance. Rest assured, I will work tirelessly to get you the result you are hoping to achieve.Types of Traffic Offenses in Orange County, NY
I have more than 36 years of experience helping clients in Orange County, Ulster County and everywhere else in New York fight traffic charges, including:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
If you are found guilty of a moving violation in Montgomery Village, the consequences may include:
- The New York Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will be notified of your conviction. The DMV will then place the charges on your driving record. If you are an out-of-state driver, the DMV will forward notice of your conviction to your home state, which will take appropriate action.
- You will be required to pay any fines, penalties and other court costs imposed by the court. My goal is always to get my clients’ traffic charges dismissed or, at the very least, reduced so they are subject to much lower fines.
- You will probably be subject to higher insurance rates after your insurance company receives notice of your conviction.
- Your driver’s license could be suspended or revoked, depending on the nature of your traffic violation.
If you have been stopped by a patrol officer and charged with a traffic violation in Montgomery Village, NY, Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. can help you fight the charges and avoid the most serious penalties. I know what it takes to beat your traffic ticket because I have successfully represented countless clients in traffic courts throughout New York, including Orange County and Ulster County. You can call me anytime at (866) 265-0222 to discuss your traffic ticket or schedule a consultation at my New Paltz, NY office.